Saturday, July 26, 2014

...and then this happened.


We had a really productive day today. We started our day out with a good family run, got in plenty of snuggle time with our little Smaug, ran errands, and said hey, let's go see about getting our little dragon some blocks to play with. Unfortunately blocks for an almost 10 month old were not to be found at the shop we went to, but instead we came home with this:


French Monopoly!!!

Mama and Papa need to treat themselves from time to time as well, am I right? 

Now, I hadn't played since I was about 10 years old, but Monopoly has always been on of my favorites. We love board games here at Chez Duggan, so this was a natural choice. And bonus: it'll help me with my french language skills, as we played it almost entirely in French. 

I will say though, I was one part disappointed, 1 part surprised, and one part excited to see that the streets were not that of Atlantic City, but of Paris. 


As far as the modern version is concerned, I'm a little disappointed with the quality of the pieces in the game. I don't know if this is true for all modern versions of Monopoly, or just the French one, but the one my parents bought in the late 80's was just made better. The real estate cards in this version are like flimsy business cards, as are the "Chance" and "Community Chest" cards. The individual player pieces seem lighter. And the board is definitely thinner. But, it was Monopoly, I could buy Avenue des Champs-Elysees (but was beaten to the punch by Dan), and we were able to play it in French, so overall I'm very happy with our new purchase. 

And I have a feeling there may be a Sunday night rematch, as I really hit rock bottom in tonight's game. Mortgages everywhere! Repeat jail time! Not being able to make the rent! Merde can get real in Monopoly land real quick. 

Happy Saturday!

A la prochaine friends...

Honey 

No comments:

Post a Comment