Friday, August 9, 2013

The post(wo)man always rings twice.

 
 
Is this what prepping for baby is always like? Or is it just because we ordered the majority of the things we needed in one fell swoop?
 
 
We ordered a bunch of the bigger ticket baby items we needed last weekend for Homekid, leading to a barrage of packages arriving at different times this week. Our La Poste lady has never seen so much of us, and to tell you the truth, I think she's over it.
 
It's crazy to think that we're at the T minus 10 weeks to go mark - it feels simultaneously like we have absolutely no time to prep anything, but yet like it's also eons away. I feel like I can't get any bigger, though I know I will (get a lot bigger). I've gotten so used to the baby clothes being around that they are starting to feel like something that I collect, rather than something that is going to be worn by a little mini me.
 
I thought that the arrival of such items as the car seat and the Moses basket bassinet would make it all seem a bit more real for me, but no, they merely feel like new items in our home. Maybe once we get the futon out of the nursery, and Homekid's clothes hanging up and away in drawers it'll be different. Or maybe the arrival of the stroller will just completely blow my mind.
 
{Balthazar quality control testing the car seat}
 
Other exciting postal items we're waiting for? I finally took the plunge and ordered a few maternity pieces from ASOS. It's getting annoying to keep pulling my tank tops over my belly as they keep sliding up. Two dresses, two tanks, a pair of leggings, and a maxi skirt for just over $100 (and delivered to France via the UK, so no douane tax) - merde yeah!   
 
Any exciting plans this weekend friends? After having gotten over 4 miles of walking in this week, I'm itching for a hike. Fingers crossed that the stars align enough for that to happen!
 
A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey


No comments:

Post a Comment