Thursday, August 29, 2013

DIY: Happy Feet Foot Soak.

 
 
The turf war between Homekid and I continues on, and I'm losing. Over the last week or two I've really gotten to that uncomfortable stage, where everything just kind of hurts. The only way I can lie down comfortably is on my side, which is apparently something that Homekid doesn't like, because he/she will continue to punch/kick/poke me until it becomes so uncomfortable that I move. We're also at that point where getting up from the couch to walk upstairs takes strategy and planning. And sometimes a hand. I'm roly, I'm poly, and I'm only getting bigger.
 
At this point I've been looking for anything to help with the discomforts, especially natural cures, and thought I'd share one for tired feet that we found online. This recipe isn't only for the preggers out there, as this would feel great after a day of hiking, a lot of yoga, or as a way to treat yourself after a hard day at work. It's simple and you probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen.
 
Sidenote: This isn't an original recipe from us, as we actually got it and adapted it from the Morton Salt website. If you follow the link you'll also notice that it says to consult a doctor before making this soak if you have diabetes or circulation problems, so, ya know, do that, if you have those issues. Better safe than sorry.  
 
Happy Feet Foot Soak
(as adapted from Morton Salt)
 
Ingredients:
 
6 cups of warm water (more or less depending on the size of your basin)
1/4 cup of course salt
1/4 cup of organic baking soda
10 drops of the essential oil of your choice (we used lavender)  
 
Steps:
 
Mix it all together in a basin or bucket. Test the water for temperature first so you don't burn you feet. Soak your feet for up to 15 minutes. Relax.
 
Results:
 
It was relaxing. It was nice. It reduced some of the swelling in my feet after a 2+ mile walk for bread and pain aux chocolat. My feet also felt softer. Definitely something we have repeated and will continue to repeat.
 
Do you have a favorite DIY recipe for a foot soak? I'd love to compare notes!
 
A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey


1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Happy Feet Salt Bath Bucket Pineapple

    ReplyDelete