Wednesday, July 3, 2013

How to relax.

 
 
Based on how I've been feeling lately, I think it's safe to say that Homekid and I are in a mutual growing state. I've been (cue broken record) beyond exhausted lately, and generally uncomfortable, which is a telltale sign that this belly is getting bigger.
 

So last night while lying in bed I made a conscious decision: I will relax tomorrow. This is much harder than it sounds because unless I change the word "relax" to "procrastinate," I can't seem to do it correctly. I've always been one who thrives on to-do lists, which has been a point of contention for much of this pregnancy as the mind is willing, but the body? Often not. Rather than sit back and try to relax I tend to waste my energies fretting over the laundry I didn't do, the dishes I didn't wash, or the food shopping that I wasn't able to do. It's hard to teach yourself to relax when instead you just feel like you're being lazy. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to change my way of thinking on this point.    
 
 
So far today I've been pretty good though - still in pajamas? Check. Drinking a pot of Mariage Frères  jasmine green tea? Check. Travel journal writing? Check. Spent some time on my current read, "My Life in France" by Julia Child? Check. Eaten a croissant? Check. (Followed by a bowl of leftover risotto, oooh pregnancy!) I think my efforts are working today because it is cold, grey and rainy out, and because I keep reminding myself that soon a day like this will be pretty improbable...not impossible, but definitely improbable.
 
 
To add to my motivation to relax, Doc surprised me yesterday with a new French Vogue and my favorite Swiss Chocolate bar. The universe is pointing me in the direction of the couch and a nice wool blanket, and I intend to listen today.
 
Do you also have trouble relaxing? Please tell me I'm not the only neurotic one here!
 
A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey


No comments:

Post a Comment