Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Drinkin' the Juice.

 
We got a new kitchen toy over the holidays, an anniversary present from my parents: a juicer!
 
I'm not really into the whole juice cleansing thing, but I do like adding juice to our already healthy diet. When I was at Bikram Yoga Teacher Training in the fall, my roomate made us green juice most weeks, and it was great before our morning bikram class - not too heavy to make me feel nauseaus during class, but still packed with nutrients to get me through and hold me over until being able to eat a real meal after class.
 
Do any of you make juice? I'd love to hear your favorite recipes! So far our favorite is a green juice, it's so refreshing before or after practicing yoga. Here's the recipe if you're interested!
 
Green Juice:
(As adapted from my BYTT roomie!)
(Makes about 2 liters)
 
5 cucumbers
4 granny smith apples
1 inch sized piece of ginger
Juice of 1 lemon

If you try it, let me know what you think!

FYI: It's also super fun to drink it out of a wine glass. :)

Happy juicing tout le monde!

A la prochaine friends...

Honey


No comments:

Post a Comment