Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Chrismukkah Tree 2012.

 
We set up our Chrismukkah tree this weekend, and I'm not gonna lie, had one of the best weekends I've had in awhile. I've mentioned it's good to be back, right?
 
 
Our first Christmas in France, way back in 2010, we decided that it'd be more fun to make our ornaments out of salt dough, and to buy them from crafty people at Christmas markets, than to just buy a bunch of ones at the supermarket for way too many euro. Three years later we've got a pretty great collection of ornaments from markets in Paris, Budapest, London, Italy, and of course, France. We're heading to the Zurich Christmas market in two week ends, so I'm excited to see what kind of ornaments we can find there.
 
 
As for the ornaments we made out of salt dough, well, those are a little less...traditional. We used Star Wars cookie cutters for most of them, but there are also a few ninja bunnies (see above) and zombie yoga masters in the mix...
 
 
We also enjoyed a few SNAP hot toddies...
 
 
While watching "Christmas Vacation"...
 
 
And making chocolate chip cookies...
 
 
To top it all off we went to a friend's house for dinner Saturday night, where we had homemade sushi! I had never been to a party before where you make your own sushi, and we had a blast. It was a traditional Japanese party-style sushi, from what I was told, and we made little individual taco-like sushi pieces with nori, rice, sushi grade fish, and an assortment of other japanese side dishes. It was a blast, and so nice to have sushi here in France where we typically don't buy it because it is tres cher ici!
 
Have you ever been to a make your own sushi party? I want to hear all about it!
 
A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey


1 comment:

  1. I've never been to a 'make your own sushi' party but I think I'm going to throw one myself! :)

    ReplyDelete