Thursday, March 3, 2011

Behind.


Je suis desolee for the lack of posts lately, Dan's been super busy with work which has somehow made me super busy by association. I have a ton of pictures to share, from snowboarding through Dracula clouds in Crozet to giant chess pieces in Geneva. So without further ado...


This past Saturday I had the pleasure of going snowboarding/skiing with my friend Maura (from over at Pardon My French) and her family, like I had the week before. However, unlike the week before it was significantly colder and way windy once we got into/above the clouds...


It was so windy and cold that after about an hour of almost being knocked off the side of the snow area into the dead grass part several times, we decided to take a break and have lunch in the little ski-chalet-house-thingy-with-a-fireplace-and-jazz-playing-and-vin-chaud-to-boot.


After our little break it seemed like it had warmed up a bit outside/wind had died down (or maybe it was the vin chaud), so we took to the slopes for round 2...



And then the Dracula clouds set in...




[See ya, Swiss Alps!]

Fearful of the threat of becoming an everlasting vampire cloud ourselves, we scurried home. Yay for getting a second snowboarding day in at Crozet and for escaping those elusive Dracula clouds!


The next day was of course, market day...




So what else? Well, I bought two Reine-Claude trees this week to add to the Duggan Terrace Orchard...and carried them back up the mountain...


...Reine-Claude's are in the plum family. They're like the slightly less cool cousin of the Mirabelle...



And I even got in a very cold day in measles-infected Geneva to hit up les puces...



...where we played some chess and drank some hot cocoa.

I guess I was busy afterall!

A la prochain friends...

2 comments:

  1. It looks cold but lots of fun! I think you were busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think ultimately too busy - hence being sick now! Blegh! Just hoping I'm better in time for les puces tomorra! :)

    ReplyDelete