Monday, March 29, 2010

The French Techno Children's Pinnochio Puppetry Circus; also known as give that child a glowstick...


After a long day of walking around Geneva last Monday, I came home exhausted and eager to get started on dinner and relax before Dan got home from work. As I got out of the shower I was startled by what sounded like someone having a techno dance party in our apartment, and later realized that the French Children's Puppetry people of some sort were putting on a circus in the parking lot next to our place. And they were blaring techno versions of what sounded like "It's a Small World After All" and Britney Spears "Oops I Did It Again." At first it was funny. Thirty minutes later it was getting old. Two hours later I thought I was going to lose my mind. Luckily the music stopped once the show started, but then I had to listen to the show in french, and children screaming bloody murder in the tent for most of the show. I don't remember Pinnochio being overly scary, but if the puppets and costumes were anything close to the music selection I'd probably have been screaming too. Here is a short video I took (you're welcome - I could have made this a lot longer) of the music that blared through our apartment unwillingly for two hours on both Monday and Tuesday evening.

2 comments: